DATE: Webinar – 20 August, 2019
TIME: Perth – 3:00pm | Adelaide – 4:30pm | Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane – 5:00pm
WHERE: Webinar – Online
Educators will be introduced to the key aspects of Entrepreneurial Studies through a 1-hour webinar to prepare them for success implementing in their classrooms. The webinar is a good introduction to the Professional Development workshops we are presenting in capital cities in Term 4.
KEY OUTCOMES OF WEBINAR + WORKSHOP
Build educators’ capability and confidence to create and deliver a program of work using an Entrepreneurship framework for solving real world problems by:
- Creating an entrepreneurial pathway for students through to adulthood
- Working collaboratively with other educators to build a unit of work relevant to their school community and their cohort of students
- Consult with Entrepreneurial studies experts to test and seek advice
- Observing schools that have embedded Entrepreneurial Studies in their schools and the impact it has had on their students, educators and wider school community
Be exposed to and learn to assess and track Entrepreneurial talent in students by:
- Reviewing assessment rubrics developed in collaboration with entrepreneurs and Primary School educators
- Feel confident delivering STEM and digital technologies through an Entrepreneurship framework
- Become part of a network of Educators creating real change in delivering 21st Century skills for their cohort of students
- Have access to an online collaboration platform to share ideas and to collaborate online with peers
Professional Teaching Standards
This PD is relevant to multiple standard descriptors at Proficient Stage of an Educators’ career.
Completing Entrepreneurship Learning Framework and Developing a Growth Mindset in the Primary Classroom course will contribute 5.5 hours of NESA Registered PD Addressing 3.2.2, 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
- Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Focus area: Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
- 3.2.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
- Standard 6
- Focus area: Engage in professional learning and improve practice
- 6.2.2. Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
- Kidpreneur Challenge